Thursday 2 September 2010

Self Portrait

I was just randomly playing about with my camera. I have black curtains in my bedroom and I pulled one back to allow some light through. I did originally experiment with myself sat next to the window looking straight at the camera but obviously, only one side of my face would be lit. To make things a bit more interesting, I turned my head towards the window and pulled some facial expressions knowing that I'd only get the light hitting just the very front of my face with everything else in darkness as there was no other available light.















I wanted to try something a bit more emotive so I pulled a screamy type face. I did a few variations of this with my eyes open and closed. I prefer the eyes open shot as my eyes are quite blue in real life anyway and the light in the picture really emphasizes this and makes them look kind of creepy looking! I cannot help but think this would be a suitable lighting set up for a vampire photoshoot. Perhaps I could edit in some fangs later on...



I do like my face in this one but it does lack freaky eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment